Welcome to the Department of Economics
Welcome to the Department of Economics at the University of Rochester, one of the world's leading institutions for studying modern economics. Since the inception of its PhD program in the late 1950's, Rochester has provided rigorous analytic training to students from around the world. Rochester tradition as a leader in economic research and education continues today with a faculty committed to creating and providing the highest quality research and training in both its graduate and undergraduate programs.
Department News and Highlights
- October 24, 2013: The list of 2013-14 Ph.D. candidates on the job market is now available.
- October 11, 2013: Prof. Mark Bils has been appointed to the Hazel Fyfe Professorship in Economics.
- July 10, 2013: Alumnus Harold Cole delivers 2013 SED plenary talk. Pictures and details.
- October 26, 2012: The Undergraduate Handbook has been updated.
- July 11, 2012: Congratulations to Vittorio Grilli (Economics PhD, University of Rochester, 1984) for his appointment as Italian Finance Minister! Learn more about our distinguished alumni.
- October 13, 2010: In Memory of Professor Lionel McKenzie.
Department of Economics